Home > Home for the Holidays
Holiday Magic Along The Magnificent Mile
Discover all the festive holiday happenings here, along the world-famous Magnificent Mile at InterContinental Chicago, your hub for holiday activities with friends and family. Book now and enjoy a special $99 Holiday Rate. Revel in the spirit of the season and unwind at our exclusive address, with easy access to the year’s biggest events, world-class shopping and festive celebrations. Make merry memories with the ones you love most and soak in the joy of Chicago during the best time of the year.
Holiday Rate, $99
- Nov. 23-30 and Dec. 18-30
Discover a holiday wonderland in the center of Chicago. From lacing up your skates in Millennium Park to the 12thAnnual Navy Pier Winter Wonder Fest, the InterContinental Chicago is a treasured holiday destination that puts you near all the holiday action along the city’s famed Magnificent Mile.
- Ice skating at Millennium Park - The McCormick Tribune Ice Rink at Millennium Park is famous for drawing visitors from all over to enjoy skating, day or night, amid the pristine backdrop of Lake Michigan and the city’s famed Magnificent Mile.
- Holiday Magic at the Brookfield Zoo - Discover the magic of the holidays in Chicago, November 30th – December 31th with nearly 1 million lights and fun for the whole family!
- Navy Pier Winter Wonder Fest - December 6th through January 12th at Navy Pier, you’re invited to celebrate the season at the 13th Annual Winter Wonder Fest including family activities, indoor ice skating, rides, attractions and a 50-foot high indoor Ferris wheel.
- New Year's Eve at Navy Pier - Ring in the New Year at Chicago’s only spectacular lakefront fireworks show on December 31st at midnight!
- Ice Skating in the Hancock Tower - Discover an unforgettable ice skating experience now through April. Step out on the ice this season high atop the city on the 94th Observation level of the Hancock Tower, featuring synthetic ice in an unbelievable setting.
- Lights at the Lincoln Park Zoo - Treat the family to a festive holiday visit to the Lincoln Park Zoo, with free admission. The Zoo is alive with sparkling holiday lights for the season and is the perfect place to take the family for an unforgettable winter adventure.
- Christmas Around the World - The Museum of Science and Industry invites you to enjoy Christmas Around the World from November 14th - January 5th. Marvel at an array of trees decorating the central rotunda in honor of Christmas in countries from across the globe.
The Hottest Holiday Shows
Nowhere is the city of Chicago more alive than at the theater. See the season’s best shows while in town for the holidays and marvel at the magic first-hand. For the best seats in the house, please call the hotel at (312) 944-4100 and ask to speak with the Concierge Desk.
- Shakespeare Theater - See the greatest stories ever told on stage at the Chicago Shakespeare Theater Production
- Broadway in Chicago - If you are in town for the holidays be sure to check out Broadway plays in Chicago as well as the Broadway plays coming soon!
Exceptional Services At Our Downtown Chicago Luxury Hotel
As the only hotel with a front entrance that opens directly onto the world-famous Magnificent Mile, the InterContinental Chicago offers a luxurious setting unlike any other. Experience the perfect convergence of old-world elegance and modern sophistication.